April 19, 2017
The gang is joined by Emily Feher to talk about the new season of Skam, middle school theatre productions and Clueless, the 1995 classic teen comedy directed by Amy Heckerling.
What have we been watching (01:10)
- Skam, Donkey Skin, Brief Encounter, How to be Single
- Skam Season 4 Premiere, The Leftovers Season 3 Premiere, Veep Season 6 Premiere
- Veep Season 6 Premiere, Girls series finale, SNL
Review: Clueless (25:51)
April 11, 2017
Hannah, Will and Wilson discuss late night political shows, the new power rangers movie and more before finishing off their round two of reviews with Hannah’s pick, Obvious Child and concluding the second round of reviews with thoughts on female directors in the film industry.
What have we been watching (3:38)
- Last Week Tonight, Girls, 30 Rock
- A Bigger Splash, Terrace House: Aloha State, Chewing Gum, Superstore
- Power Rangers, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Review: Obvious Child (25:51)
April 6, 2017
Hannah, Will and Wilson talk Alejandro González Iñárritu, female silent film directors and the Big Little Lies finale. For the featured review of Andrea Arnold's Fish Tank, the gang is joined by our resident Arnold expert Sofi Taylor to talk about realism, animals, and creepy male leads.
Discussion - Alejandro González Iñárritu and Emmanuel Lubezki (01:20)
What have we been watching (07:09)
- Skam Episode 1, Oscar Micheax, Lois Webber
- Hamilton, Imitation of Life, Dangerous Encounters of the First Kind, Big Little Lies Finale
- Big Little Lies Finale, Louis CK Comedy Special, 30 Rock
Review - Fish Tank with special guest Sofi Taylor (29:21)
March 26, 2017
Hannah, Will and Wilson talk Amy Sherman Palladino, Dave Chappelle and Drake before diving into the first review of the female directors round, Anna Rose Holmer’s The Fits. They then are joined by the film’s cinematographer, Paul Yee, to discuss The Fits’ beautiful photography and the making of the movie.
Wilson's 52 Films By Women List
What have we been watching (03:55)
- TV: Gilmore Girls, The Marvelous Ms. Maisel, Big Little Lies
- Film: Evolution
- TV: Big Little Lies, Love, Girls
- Plays: If I forget… and How to Transcend a Happy Marriage
- Film: Beauty and the Beast, Kong: Skull Island, Dave Chappelle 2, The Wolf of Wall Street
- Music: Hancock, Drake - More Life, Kendrick - Heart part 4
Interview with Paul Yee (1:04:09)
March 22, 2017
Hannah, Will and Wilson phone in from accross the country to update everyone on what we've been doing and what we've been watching the past week.
Films: Midnight in Paris
Shows: Big Little Lies, Love
Films: Burning Sands, Total Frat Movie, American Pie: Beta House, Sausage Party, Beauty and the Beast
Shows: Abstract, El Chapulin Colorado,
Films: Logan, Catfight, Millennium Mambo, Three Times, Love and Friendship, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, Beach Rats, Taipei Story, Personal Shopper, Raw, Song to Song
TV: Big Little Lies, Legion, Terrace House
Books: Big Little Lies
Song (58:10): “Cold Little Heart” by Michael Kiwanuka featured on Big Little Lies
March 5, 2017
Hannah, Will and Wilson talk new Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool trailers, the future of the MCU, what we've been watching this week and then launch into a in depth discussion for Hannah's choice of favorite film, David Fincher's The Social Network.
What We've Been Watching (14:33)
- Hannah: Everybody by Branden Jacobs-Jenkins
- Will: Mystery Silent Western Movie, First Degree (documentary short)
- Wilson: Green Light, Black-ish Season 3, Song of the Exile (1990), 3 Idiots (2009)
Reveiw: The Social Network (22:13)
February 27, 2017
Listen to Will, Hannah and Wilson freakout 15 minutes after the 2017 Academy Awards ends.
February 21, 2017
Hannah, Will and Wilson talk about this years crop of Oscar Best Picture nominees, and what they've been watching this week. For the featured review, they discuss Edward Yang's 1991 epic A Brighter Summer Day, Wilson's pick for his favorite film.